CRM 2011 Failed System Job - "Provision Language Pack" RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    We have a customer who recently setup a new environment and installed UR 6. They have noticed that within the System Jobs view, an error is ouputted daily at 3am.  The System Job Type is "Provision LAnguage Pack" and the System Job Name is "Reprovisioning Job for 1033".  The status reason is "failed", and i can see from the database that the job is always postponed to 24 hours later.

    The strange thing is that the customer does not have any language packs installed, and are using CRM in the base language of English.  The error details within the system job specify a System.IO.FileNotFoundException.

    Any help appreciated.


    Thursday, March 15, 2012 12:46 PM

All replies

  • We're experiencing the same issue here in our Development environment.  Same error, no MUI and started directly after applying RU6.

    I haven't actually pursued it because it isn't causing issue (not visibly anyway), but now I've seen someone else experience the same, I've created an MS Connect issue for it:


    --pogo (pat) @ pogo69.wordpress.com

    Thursday, March 15, 2012 11:08 PM
  • I am having the exact same error.
    Friday, March 23, 2012 8:52 AM
  • Same problem here... also since UR 6
    Friday, March 23, 2012 10:15 AM
  • Same problem on our system.  Has there been a solution yet?
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:56 PM
  • Same problem. English is base language and German an additional language. We already have Rollup 7.

    Tuesday, April 3, 2012 11:51 AM
  • The same here. Englisch base and German LP. Rollup 6.

    Any helpful suggestions?

    Monday, April 16, 2012 11:33 AM
  • You could try disabling the language in CRM and enabling it back. This will partially solve the problem but there are two issues with this method. First, all users that use the disabled language will be reverted to the base language. Second, you can't disable the base language and you will still be receiving the error for this base language.

    Since the bug is still present in the rollup 7 and I got tired of waiting for the fix, I tried forcing the provisioning through webservices. Well, it turns out that it works just fine :)

    private void ProvisionSelected(object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
      var languages = (IEnumerable<Language>) e.Argument;
      using (var service = GetOrganizationServiceProxy())
        foreach (var language in languages)
          var request = new ProvisionLanguageRequest { Language = language.Lcid };
    • Proposed as answer by Igor Tasic Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:08 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:07 AM
  • Hi Igor,

    Can you please tell me how to apply this workaround of yours, i am not a programmer though and consider myself as a newbie in the world of CRM 20122 :)



    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:10 PM
  • Hey,

    You need to build a little c# windows app. You can use this code. Works perfect... the error messages in the system jobs and eventlogs are gone!

    public class ProvisionLanguage
        public ProvisionLanguage()
                ClientCredentials cred = new System.ServiceModel.Description.ClientCredentials();
                cred.Windows.ClientCredential = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials;           

                string sUrl = txtURL.Text + "/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc"; //replace with URL from server and orgname

                IOrganizationService _serviceProxy = null;
                _serviceProxy = new OrganizationServiceProxy(new System.Uri(sUrl), null, cred, null);

                ProvisionLanguageRequest req = new ProvisionLanguageRequest();
                req.Language = "1033";
                ProvisionLanguageResponse resp = (ProvisionLanguageResponse)serv.Execute(req);

            catch (Exception ex)
                MessageBox.Show("Error " + ex.Message);

    • Proposed as answer by D RE Friday, April 27, 2012 8:22 AM
    Friday, April 20, 2012 4:38 PM
  • How simple and neat, never occured to me, thanks a lot!

    -- Ilkka


    req.Language = 1033; // The language code as an int.

    Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:00 AM
  • Yeah, of cause its an interger! Thanx

    I just quickly change it. Had this before

     req.Language = Convert.ToInt32(txtLangCode.Text);

    Friday, April 27, 2012 8:22 AM
  • This is an error that we are experiencing too.  Recently we've been trying to run some very large imports that take 24+ hours and when the language pack deprovision attempts to run and fails it knocks out the import jobs - causing those to fail and lock all of a sudden too.  Very annoying!
    Friday, April 27, 2012 3:45 PM
  • Language code 1033 refers to English, and that would explain why people who do not have any other language packs installed are seeing this provisioning jobs task in their jobs view.
    Friday, April 27, 2012 8:12 PM
  • This bug was fixed in UR8


    When you apply Update Rollup 6 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, the language provisioning jobs fail. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
    Reprovisioning Job for 1033 Failed.

    • Proposed as answer by mycapi Wednesday, May 30, 2012 7:26 AM
    Friday, May 18, 2012 12:36 PM