Toshiba Laptop RRS feed

• Question

• I have a one year old toshiba a 70 with certified xp but the guest acc won't validate and shows the victum of counterfeting warning. I put in a help request but have got no where.

Its really anoying me.

What a joke this whole thing is.

You guys couldn't run a duck race in a bathtub.

I'm getting ready to install fedora core 5 and junk this piece of trash.

This validation process is nothing but spy ware.

I think I'm going to write a letter of complaint to PC world and get them to do a critic of it I'm a long time subscriber so I think they may value my in put.'

All I can advise is go open source and support open source at any chance you get.

http://fedora.redhat.com/Download/

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 9:22 AM

Answers

• Banning a user account for asking if a fix for your flawed soft ware would work is a harsh way to treat your costomers.As a matter of fact its quite funny that you think that cracks for this soft ware won't apear in no time flat.This stuff is so poorely written that its going to go down as the swiss cheese of soft ware history as a mattter of fact you might win the annnoying and envaisve soft ware adward of the century with this one.For as we know the holes in the swiss chesse are rather large.You should work with hackers to inprove your software.If some one wants to report a hack to you whats the procedure its only in your best interest to have this information.As far as I can see the whole WGA program can be by passed does this not concern you and should you not want to know how this is accompolished.In the future you may be able to develop registration validating that can not be circumvented but so far you are not even close.For the time being I guess the imformed accounts are hear by banned from the WGA forum.Are these bans life time or only twelve hours in duration. In hockey its about two minutes in the penelaty box minor misconduct can go as high as ten minutes I think that would be fair and also enforceable.Thank You for this opertunity to vent. Your way out of Line On Limited User account false accusations.666
    Saturday, May 13, 2006 11:30 AM
  • Thank you for your feedback. One of the major purposes of WGA is to provide the avergae customer an ability to determine if they are running Genuine software and are not using Counterfeit or Pirated software when they believe they purchased a Genuine copy. As well as take advantage of all the Genuine Windows Software advantages.

We do understand that hacks will occur and do take these into seriously, but once again, at this point we really want to help consumers identify that they are running a Genuine Windows system.

Thank you again for your post and feedback...

dave

Sunday, May 14, 2006 2:55 PM

All replies

• RipOL:

Please check the KB article, we've had a fix for guest accounts and limited access requirements for a while. I hope this will help fix your problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;917050&sd=rss&spid=3223

Thursday, May 11, 2006 5:20 PM
  • If you've had a fix for limited accounts for a while. How come customer service gave me two of them that were wrong this week? I figured it out my self.Then I explained it to them.It wasn't easy.How many falsely accused limited accounts have you guys created with your flawed spy ware or soft ware if you still insist on calling it that? How can this junk get released if it doesn't work correctly. Being that it is so invasive and extremly ANNNOYING you'de think that it would be working before you put it on the market. It sure didn't work on my computer. How do you think the avarage user is going to start in safe mode sign on the the hidden user account figure out how to set permissions on the data.dat file even with instructions? I'll tell you how they won't. That means you have a (I'll guess a few Million) legit windows users who paid for thier soft ware and have to be falsely accused of useing fake XP every time thier Moms or guest try to look up a recpie for APPLE pie. I can just hear them thinking My Son/Daughter is a thief.I especially like the turn in a thief thing you have going it reminds me of the turn in a pusher program from the sixties.Only problem is you guys have created a bunch of false accusations.Ever hear about deflamation of character?Microsoft is not Joe's garage.Get your act together.First I'de suggest that you stop invadeing people's computers.also stop releasing flawed software.
    Thursday, May 11, 2006 6:15 PM
  • RIPOL:

You are hereby banned from the WGA forums. Because of another post that must be removed, you have violated the terms of use of the forum. Do not suggest "hacks" or other such items which may be potentially hazardous to a user's machine.

-Phil Liu

Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:02 PM
  • Banning a user account for asking if a fix for your flawed soft ware would work is a harsh way to treat your costomers.As a matter of fact its quite funny that you think that cracks for this soft ware won't apear in no time flat.This stuff is so poorely written that its going to go down as the swiss cheese of soft ware history as a mattter of fact you might win the annnoying and envaisve soft ware adward of the century with this one.For as we know the holes in the swiss chesse are rather large.You should work with hackers to inprove your software.If some one wants to report a hack to you whats the procedure its only in your best interest to have this information.As far as I can see the whole WGA program can be by passed does this not concern you and should you not want to know how this is accompolished.In the future you may be able to develop registration validating that can not be circumvented but so far you are not even close.For the time being I guess the imformed accounts are hear by banned from the WGA forum.Are these bans life time or only twelve hours in duration. In hockey its about two minutes in the penelaty box minor misconduct can go as high as ten minutes I think that would be fair and also enforceable.Thank You for this opertunity to vent. Your way out of Line On Limited User account false accusations.666
    Saturday, May 13, 2006 11:30 AM
  • Thank you for your feedback. One of the major purposes of WGA is to provide the avergae customer an ability to determine if they are running Genuine software and are not using Counterfeit or Pirated software when they believe they purchased a Genuine copy. As well as take advantage of all the Genuine Windows Software advantages.

We do understand that hacks will occur and do take these into seriously, but once again, at this point we really want to help consumers identify that they are running a Genuine Windows system.

Thank you again for your post and feedback...

dave

Sunday, May 14, 2006 2:55 PM