Check two-party IM: Skipped due to user registration failure, front end validation error RRS feed

• Question

• with Failure
    [0xC3FC200D] One or more errors were detected

I'm not sure why this is coming up in the validation sequence results..

We do have the issue, that sometimes when sending an IM, the first message is blank, though if a user looks and sees the message in the little quick preview thing, it is visible there, but opening it in MOC it is blank.. frequently messages that are sent to other users will also result in an error.. but still show up too.. not sure if this is related or not.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 6:08 PM

All replies

• Are your clients connecting from inside your network? Are there any firewalls between the clients? Also, what version of the MOC and OCS software are you using (RTM/MSDN/Retail)?
    Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:29 PM
  •  Jason Shave wrote:
    Are your clients connecting from inside your network? Are there any firewalls between the clients? Also, what version of the MOC and OCS software are you using (RTM/MSDN/Retail)?

Its the msdn standard edition of 2007.. all clients are behind the firewall..

we also cant connect more than 2 people in an IM conversation without errors.. we also cant get live meeting requests to go through.. either via the IM client or outook..

There was front end server validation errors about http trust issues.. but i'm a bit at a loss here...

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 4:06 PM
  • Describe how you've set up your certificates on your OCS server and how you have your clients configured.
    Wednesday, October 24, 2007 7:32 PM
  •  

I ended up installing everything on a different server.. I suspect the default website was too "mucked up" from other things so as it didnt work.. i also followed the deployment guide to a T this time.. doing the whole request a cert from my local CA and installing this one.. this may have helped things too..

All works fine now

Thursday, October 25, 2007 2:20 AM