Windows 10 - I Keep Having To Uninstall and Reinstall the Connector RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

On one of my laptops which I upgraded to Windows 10, it frequently does not not let me sign in to Windows Home Server's connector with proper credentials.  The connector spins for a while when I boot-up of the laptop, unable to connect using previously good credentials, and then asks if I want to use Offline mode.  I say NO, and enter the proper username and password, but it always fails.  The only cure for this is to uninstall and reinstall the connector.  Is this a quirky problem with my Windows 10 PC using Windows Home Server 2011, or part of a bigger problem where it loses the ability to connect using the Connector software on a Windows 10 machine?

Thanks,

Rich Locus, Logicwurks, LLC

http://www.logicwurks.com

Saturday, January 16, 2016 7:26 PM

Answers

• Rich

Not sure what your specific problem is (other than you upgraded to W10!) but I have two W10 machines that have no problem with the WHS2011 Connector.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by RichLocus Sunday, January 17, 2016 2:21 AM
    Saturday, January 16, 2016 8:45 PM

All replies

• Rich

Not sure what your specific problem is (other than you upgraded to W10!) but I have two W10 machines that have no problem with the WHS2011 Connector.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by RichLocus Sunday, January 17, 2016 2:21 AM
    Saturday, January 16, 2016 8:45 PM
  • Phil:

Thanks for your reply.  It rules out the issue that ALL WHS 2011 connectors don't work with Windows 10.  I did notice that one of the Connector's services was in a stopped state, and when I started it, it would connect.

I had to leave the office, but I will experiment with starting and stopping that service to see if it's the culprit.  Not sure why it was in a stopped state, but I will post a new question if I can't resolve that issue.  For whatever reason, that service comes up "Stopped".

Regards,

Rich Locus, Logicwurks, LLC

http://www.logicwurks.com

Sunday, January 17, 2016 2:23 AM
  • OK, post which service it is and I will check my systems.

Sunday, January 17, 2016 3:43 AM