CRM 4.0 When converting a mail into a case the mail aint showing at history RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hey everyone,

When I convert an email into a case, the mail itself doesnt show up in
    my history tab in my case. Is this normal or is my CRM bugged or
    something?

I think it is supposed to show the mail so the other
    employees can see what the case originated from.

If its normal, is there anyway I can configure it by workflows so the
    mail does show up?

Kind regards,

Bert Wijns

Friday, March 14, 2008 11:13 AM

Answers

• Hi.

MS execution path depends on the checkboxes you select on the convert to case dialog box.

If you choose to "close the email CRM Form" then MS can't set the emails regarding field to the created case.

However, if you choose to keep the email form open then the email regarding field will be updated with the converted case and saved to reflect the changes.

The email activity won't show in the history tab until you set the email state (SetEmailState Message) to canceled or completed. MS doesn’t do that for you.

If you want the email to be sent to history you need to somehow recognize that the email was converted to a case

And write a post email plug-in that does that for you.

Hope this helps,

Adi

Friday, March 14, 2008 12:48 PM

All replies

•  

I can confirm that my CRM 4.0 systems behaves the way you describe - i.e. the e-mail is not in history.

You can make the e-mail appear in the case by using the Set Regarding button but I guess that you'd like it to happen automatically.

I don't think you'll be able to do this with workflow - because the workflow rule would need to know what caused the case to be created (i.e. pressing the convert to case button) and I'm not sure that you can get at that information.

Friday, March 14, 2008 12:10 PM
  • Friday, March 14, 2008 12:22 PM
  • Hi.

MS execution path depends on the checkboxes you select on the convert to case dialog box.

If you choose to "close the email CRM Form" then MS can't set the emails regarding field to the created case.

However, if you choose to keep the email form open then the email regarding field will be updated with the converted case and saved to reflect the changes.

The email activity won't show in the history tab until you set the email state (SetEmailState Message) to canceled or completed. MS doesn’t do that for you.

If you want the email to be sent to history you need to somehow recognize that the email was converted to a case

And write a post email plug-in that does that for you.

Hope this helps,

Adi

Friday, March 14, 2008 12:48 PM
  • So I am working on changing this so it works in CRM 4.0

ISV.config changes:

Code Snippet

<Entity name="email">

<ToolBar ValidForCreate="0" ValidForUpdate="1">

<Button Icon="/_imgs/ico_16_10.gif" Url=http://crm:5555/custom/snapdragon/queues/createcase.aspx PassParams="1" WinParams="width=550, height=400, status=yes, resizable=yes" WinMode="0" Client="Web" >

<Titles>

<Title LCID="1033" Text="Convert to Case" />

</Titles>

</Button>

</ToolBar>

</Entity>

Changed something in the createcase.aspx.cs:

Code Snippet

string strEmailId = Request.QueryString["id"];

string strOType = Request.QueryString["type"];

Now we are trying to change it in the way that it will look for accounts aswell and not only contacts.

I'll keep u updated,

Bert Wijns

Monday, March 17, 2008 11:04 AM