Remote Assistance RRS feed

• Question

• Where's the Offer and Ask for Remote Assistance functionality in OC 2007?

You used to be able to enable this with Communicator 2005 with Group Policy. We're using this a lot as it's a much better way than remembering computer names or IP addresses.

Nóri

Wednesday, July 4, 2007 12:01 PM

Answers

• OC 2007 can no longer do application or desktop sharing, the solution for this is to escalate from an IM session to a Live Meeting.

Monday, August 13, 2007 5:52 PM

All replies

• OC 2007 can no longer do application or desktop sharing, the solution for this is to escalate from an IM session to a Live Meeting.

Monday, August 13, 2007 5:52 PM
  • It's not like Remote Assistance is going anywhere. And it's been enhanced even further in Vista. This is a tool many support people use and being able to ask for Remote Assistance from Communicator was very handy. Live Meeting is totally different and requires installing a client when RA is part of the OS.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 12:30 AM
  •  

Hi Nori,

Maybe it's possible with the procedure 'Integrating a Third-Party Collaboration Program with Communicator 2007' described in 'Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 - Deployment Guide'

Rgds,

Dieter

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 7:56 AM
  • Took a quick look at the chapter. Perhaps this will work, I don't know. It would be nice to see some comments from someone from Microsoft on this.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 6:09 PM
  • Has anyone been able to figure out how to add this functionality to OC 2007? 

I agree with Nori that it should not have been removed. 
    Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:39 AM
  • Has anyone been able to figure out how to add this functionality to OC 2007? 

I agree with Nori that it should not have been removed. 
    • Proposed as answer by wanabejames Saturday, August 15, 2009 3:13 PM
    Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:40 AM
  •  

So if someone wants to integrate remote assistance in some way via MOC 2007, how do we do it?  Live meeting?  Does it have this ability?

I'd like any of our users via IM to ask for remote assistance in some way.. not just through the start menu, but directly in IM etc..

Has anyone implemented a solution that works?

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 2:25 PM
  • Hi,

I tried implementing the RA in MOC using the MOC deployment guide, but it just don't work.

I used this kinda command:

%windir%\\system32\\runas.exe /user:MYDOMAIN\\%username% \"%ProgramFiles%\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore hcp://CN=Microsoft Corporation,L=Redmond,S=Washington,C=US/Remote Assistance/Escalation/Unsolicited/Unsolicitedrcui.htm\"

Did anyone had a succesful achievement in trying to do that?

Thanks.

Monday, May 26, 2008 1:57 PM
  •  

Eventually, I succeeded by using:

"Path"="%ProgramFiles%\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe hcp://CN=Microsoft%20Corporation,L=Redmond,S=Washington,C=US/Remote Assistance/Escalation/Unsolicited/Unsolicitedrcui.htm"

Don't forget to type iexplore.exe and to keep the command simple!

But in the end, I chose to use Live Meeting 2007 to get this functionality.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 12:40 PM
  • Hi Xander,

Could you please breifly explain me the steps to integrate Remote Assistance with MOC 2007.

Thanks

Ajay

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 7:22 PM
  • Hi Xander,

Could you please breifly explain me the steps to integrate Remote Assistance with MOC 2007.

Thanks

Ajay

I have two laptops both running vista home premium service pack 1,  64 bit system, i can establish a remote assistance connection by saving the file  to a flash card or  email the file to the helper machine and the session is established, however when i disconnect i can't re  connect using the same file sent to the helper machine the first time, i would like to reuse the novice and helper connection repeatedly, can anyone help, thanx
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 3:10 PM