none
Cannot Start or Reply to Threads in forums.asp.net RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot see a button to either start a new thread or even reply on forums.asp.net.  I am using IE9.

I have no idea where else to post this.

I have tried many things:

• Logout/Login
    • Compatability Mode
    • Delete all cookies and basically everything else
    • Private mode

Ideas?

Monday, May 21, 2012 5:40 PM

Answers

• I only saw one support ticket, and there was definitely a typo in the email address.  I made some logical guesses and was able to locate your membership record and correct email address.  You should now have a reply to the ticket, and the login problem should be fixed.  I really apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate you sticking through with it.

Terri Morton

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:22 PM

All replies

• I see the button fine in IE9 and I've tried it and it worked. Here is what I see (green button to start a new thread):

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Monday, May 21, 2012 7:45 PM
  • I don't see that button.  Seen similar buttons in other Microsoft forums, but not forums.asp.net.  I am logged in and did select a forum first.  I also tried Firefox.

Monday, May 21, 2012 7:49 PM
  • Are you sure you selected a subforum first? I've tried in Google Chrome and I see the button OK. From the forums.asp.net I click on "Getting Started" and then I can proceed fine.

If you want, I may try to connect you with Terry Morton who I believe is the key person responsible for the interface. At least when I used this forum a lot, she was.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Monday, May 21, 2012 7:59 PM
  • Turns out I see the button when I'm not logged in.  After I log in using my Windows Live ID, the button disappears.  Seems I recall a post on this issue a few years back.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:13 PM
  • Please ask any questions/report any problems about logging in to the ASP.NET website via the site's contact form located at http://www.asp.net/feedback.

Terri Morton

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:49 PM
  • Actually, I did post there yesterday, but submitted a new one today with the additional info I noted above.

Now, I used ASP .Net Site Feedback.  Couldn't do any of the others.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 2:14 PM
  • We've received your ticket via the Feedback form, and replied.  But unfortunately the email out to the email address you supplied was bounced back with a "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender -- Host or domain name not found. Name service error for  name=XXXXXXXXXX.com type=A: Host not found".  (I replaced the domain with X's.)

Also, the WhoIs for the domain you gave states that the domain is not registered.

Please submit the feedback form with a valid email address so that a reply can be sent to you.

Terri Morton

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:11 PM
  • Hmm, I submitted twice, so hard to believe I mis-typed the e-mail address twice.  I'm missing something here.  Maybe my Windows Live ID got wacked somehow, but asp.net won't let me clear it and re-do it.  I may have to do this from my "home" account rather than my business one.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:18 PM
  • I only saw one support ticket, and there was definitely a typo in the email address.  I made some logical guesses and was able to locate your membership record and correct email address.  You should now have a reply to the ticket, and the login problem should be fixed.  I really apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate you sticking through with it.

Terri Morton

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:22 PM
  • Worked great

Thanks bunches and sorry about the typo

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 6:26 PM