Unable to retrieve the WMI setting of MSFT_SIPLogSetting... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

While adding a server to my pool, I get this error:  Unable to retrieve the WMI setting of MSFT_SIPLogSetting from pool backend 'exlabsqlsrv\exlab', (Error code: 0x800407D0)

I am at a loss as to what this may be.

Anyone else seen this error?

Thank you for any help at all.

-shb

Monday, July 16, 2007 3:33 PM

Answers

• I was able to get past the WMI error buy starting these services and setting them to automatic on the SQL server:

SQL Server Agent (EXLAB)
    SQL Server Browser
    WMI Performance Adapter
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 3:26 PM

All replies

• I was able to get past the WMI error buy starting these services and setting them to automatic on the SQL server:

SQL Server Agent (EXLAB)
    SQL Server Browser
    WMI Performance Adapter
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 3:26 PM
  • This worked perfectly after hours of head bangin.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 2:05 AM
  • Hi,

I was having the same errors but after started the services in SQL also didn't make any changes. Any ideas how to resolve?

Monday, November 10, 2008 6:52 AM
  • Same thing Huilee. I set WMI Performance Adapter service to automatic and still no luck. the first two were set correctly.
    Chad Solarz Sr. Tech Instructor Directions Training MCSA / MCSE / MCDST / MCT MCTS: Vista / exch 2k7 / server 2k8 / forefront / MDOP / Win 7 MCITP: Vista / server 2k8
    Monday, August 24, 2009 5:05 AM

• Check if Windows firewall is correctly configured especially if you are not using the default SQL instance to setup the back-end database for R2. You may wish to look at the field notes here for further info on this topic should manually setting and starting the services as mentioned by shaydenb not work for you.

Please do let us know. Thanks.

TechNet Forum Moderator - http://www.leedesmond.com
    Monday, August 24, 2009 1:46 PM