Server storage shows 30% or 113 gig used. WRONG RRS feed

• Question

• So, why is the server storage showing 30% used or 113 gb.

There are no backups and i did a storage clean.

I did install powerpack.

Is this why the backup error?

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:14 AM

All replies

• Where are you looking at the drive space, and what disk(s) do you have installed?

If you are using any server 2003 tools to look at drive space, it will be wrong, as the underlying system doesn't know about WHS and it's disk/space handling, so cannot work it out correctly.

The only tool that is suitable, is the drive space available through the Console.

Colin 

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 11:25 AM
  • Is there no answer as to why so much space used for backup even when all backups are deleted

Friday, June 13, 2008 6:54 PM
  •  annetrans wrote:
    Is there no answer as to why so much space used for backup even when all backups are deleted

The answer is there shouldn't be.  Can you please give more details?  (i.e.  what are the drive sizes, how much total space, how much free space, etc)  Also, did you copy files to the server and then delete them?  When you check the backups for each computer, you see no possible backups to restore from?

Friday, June 13, 2008 11:20 PM
  • With Power Pack 1 installed the calculation of space used by the system has changed. Instead of just showing 20 GB used by the system, it shows the actual amount of disk space used by all system functions (including things like shadow copies, the recycle bin if you've deleted files from a remote desktop session, etc.)
    Saturday, June 14, 2008 12:28 AM