none
cannot delete a trail in Streets & Trips 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• customer created a Trail in Streets & Trips 2011, however I he is unable to delete it. It was working fine in previious edition of Streets & Trips. customer wants to know whether the feature is removed or is it a bug, how can it be fixed?

Streets & Trips 2011

Monday, October 24, 2011 3:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Nicholas,

I believe the last version, which allowed users to delete GPS trails, was version 2009. The subsequent versions, 2010, and 2011, no longer support this function. I'm not sure if it is a bug, but I suspect it may be related to the new GPX Import/Export functionality.

Laptop GPS World
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 10:25 AM
  • Thanx for the info.  I knew that 2010 did not support deleting trails and had decided NOT to upgrade to 2011 if it continued to be impossible.  For me, this is a deal breaker no matter what the reason.  Again, thanx for the info.  I couldn't find it in the online documentation.
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 2:18 PM
  • There is a work-around.

Export the file as a GPX file, open it in Excel, delete the rows that contain data points relating to the GPS trail (there are many of them so it is obvious as to which ones), save the file as an XLS/XLSX file, and then re-import that using the Data Import Wizard.  The route stops will show as a pushpin set with the name of the XLS/XLSX file which can then be used to recreate the route.  It sounds complicated but only takes a couple of minutes.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 3:29 PM
  • I have the same issue using trips 2013.  I export the file and Excel 2010 doesn't recognize the file.  Now what?
    Sunday, July 22, 2012 10:44 PM
  • Another work-around is to open a new file and import your desired data (copy and paste all groups of pushpins) points to it. Leave the old trails behind.

“There is nothing - absolute nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats” -Ratty, The Wind in the Willows, Kenneth Grahame Michigan Paddling Council web site is http://sites.google.com/site/michiganpaddlingcouncil/ Facebook Group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=360964961348

Monday, July 23, 2012 10:56 PM
  • In the LEGEND you can select the Pushpins and copy them (the entire set will be copied).  Then open a another program of Streets and Trips by clicking on the Microsoft Start on your menu bar and then Streets and Trips. So now you have 2 programs of Streets and Trips running at the same time.  Copy and paste the pushpins from the Legend to the second Streets and Trips.  This will copy ALL THE PUSHPINS without the GPS Trail.  Save the data on the second program as your current.  Takes about a minute.  Hope this helps. M
    Friday, May 23, 2014 3:04 PM