none
mysterious gray layer if zoomed in max RRS feed

• Question

• hi, we have a UI displaying problem and it's very hard for me to create a sample code out of since the structure is quite complicated...

we used Infragistics docking control in our app, one function is to show the graph and user can use the zoom control to see the graph details. the graph is embedded in a grid and the zoom control can control the width of the grid. so if fully zoomed in the width can be very huge. after some experiment, I found if the width of the control is 50000-60000 or beyond range, there will be a mysterious gray layer appearing on the graph. SNOOP doesn't show such a layer existed and by tweaking the foreground/background of various layers, I can confirm there's no such a physical property got changed either.

see the following screen shot which shows the control in the correct mode. you will notice the orange graph header and the the black transparent timeline. note that the grid width is 77592

now I zoom in further to stretch the grid width. as you see the orange header and the timeline both covered by a "gray layer" and the grid width is now 607016.

this happens while the pane is in the floating mode. if it's docked then no matter how much zoomed in (width is) the gray layer will NOT show up. I believe this is a disaplaying issue and can either be a WPF or Infragistics. I'm more thinking to be a WPF issue although I cannot confirm.

is there a limit of how wide the grid can be supported in WPF? I came across this discussion and not sure if it's related: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/731467/disappearing-path-wp

• Moved by Bob Ding Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:07 AM not support third party control
    Tuesday, September 12, 2017 5:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, I am afraid we cannot help you in this regard, since you use the third party control,  to determine the cause of this issue, it is necessary for us to reproduce it locally.

I can not give you any advices since I know nothing about your program. If you are sure this is a problem with WPF controls instead of Infragistics, I suggest you create a new demo to reproduce your question.

>>is there a limit of how wide the grid can be supported in WPF?

As far as I know, there is no limitation.

Best Regards,

Bob

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:21 AM