Dashboard Freezes when selected RRS feed

• Question

• When I click on Dashboard (server or client), the splash screen opens and then nothing else happens.  Client computers still connect via launchpad and can remote access server, but dashboard hangs.

Any tips or recommendations

Can I do a repair install of just Dashboard?

Thanks, 

Drew

• Edited by KrewofDrew Tuesday, September 15, 2015 8:09 PM spelling
    Tuesday, September 15, 2015 8:07 PM

Answers

• Do you have any Dashboard Addins installed - if so try starting with them disabled.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 2:55 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that Dashboard can’t be opened locally on WHS or via Launchpad on client.

According to official document(http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/3940.sbs-2011-repair-certificate-issues.aspx), wrong system time and certificate issues may cause similar problem.

Check the system time settings. Besides, open Certificates snap-in, renew certificate:
    Tools - Certification Authority - right click the server name - All Tasks - Renew CA Certificate.

If the problem persists, check dashboard.log (location C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs) and event viewer, confirm that if any related details has been logged.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 6:39 AM

All replies

• Do you have any Dashboard Addins installed - if so try starting with them disabled.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 2:55 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that Dashboard can’t be opened locally on WHS or via Launchpad on client.

According to official document(http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/3940.sbs-2011-repair-certificate-issues.aspx), wrong system time and certificate issues may cause similar problem.

Check the system time settings. Besides, open Certificates snap-in, renew certificate:
    Tools - Certification Authority - right click the server name - All Tasks - Renew CA Certificate.

If the problem persists, check dashboard.log (location C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs) and event viewer, confirm that if any related details has been logged.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 6:39 AM