none
Upcoming Post July Fixes (Completed) RRS feed

• General discussion

• We're looking at a minor release on 7/17 which covers:

UI/Feature Changes:

- We're making minor UI changes to the voting UX to make it more discoverable. The voting UX Control is left as is with the addition of Text below the control that changes state depending whether you’re signed-in or not and voted on a post. Also, we've made the entire region of the voting UX a clickable control.

Bug Fixes:

- Order threads by date time: If you're in non threaded view, all replies will be sorted in descending order to show the flow of the thread (instead of helpful posts). All Answered posts will be shown in the "All Replies" section whether you have the option of "Always Show Answers First On Thread Page" selected or not.

- Italics don't render in IE 8, FF (and Chrome)

- Having “tag” word in the title renders wrong title in the “Related Threads” in Expression brand.  (Only IE7)

STO Forums Test Lead
    • Changed type Don Tan Friday, July 17, 2009 12:28 AM Changing to discussion type
    • Edited by Don Tan Friday, July 17, 2009 8:49 PM
    Friday, July 17, 2009 12:27 AM

All replies

• or voted against a post

Oh no, no.

Hans Passant.
    Friday, July 17, 2009 12:37 AM
  • Let me elaborate. We're leaving the UX Voting button as is. We're adding text below the UI to show text such as:

"Sign in to Vote" (When not signed in, clicking on the voting region will redirect you to live sign-in page)
    "Vote as Helpful" (When signed in)
    "Already Voted" (When you already voted on the post)

We will not show the text on posts that you've submitted, however the UI will be there and it's disabled (your own post).

Thanks.

STO Forums Test Lead
    Friday, July 17, 2009 12:47 AM
  • Pfff, thank heavens.  I was contemplating my next occupation.

Hans Passant.
    Friday, July 17, 2009 12:57 AM
  • >Let me elaborate. We're leaving the UX Voting button as is. We're adding text below the UI to show text

That's fine but how does that become voting *against* a post ?
    Friday, July 17, 2009 6:37 AM
  • Should really be "voted on a post". I edited my original post for clarity. Apologies. Also, the important fix for this release is "order threads by date time". I know Forums Users have been vocal about this so we'll roll-out the fix sometime this afternoon (7/17 - PST).

Thanks.
    STO Forums Test Lead
    • Edited by Don Tan Friday, July 17, 2009 3:20 PM
    Friday, July 17, 2009 10:55 AM
  • Kewl.

It's comforting to see such a responsive team.
    Friday, July 17, 2009 11:28 AM
  • > Should really be "voted on a post". I edited my original post for clarity

No need to apolgise. I was thick in not realising that.

The main thing is the order threads by date time - thank goodness that is back!

Mike
    WSS FAQ sites: http://wssv2faq.mindsharp.com and http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com
    Total list of WSS 3.0 / MOSS 2007 Books (including foreign language) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/Lists/v3%20WSS%20FAQ/V%20Books.aspx
    Friday, July 17, 2009 12:11 PM