none
Which books give coverage of NTFS permissions ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

This is my first post in TechNet forums. I want to know which Microsoft book/books have detailed coverage of the following-:

• NTFS Permissions
    • How NTFS Permissions work
    • User Groups, Local Groups etc
    • Predefined Windows System accounts and how they work
    • Group Policy
    • Basically everything that there is to know about the security subsystem in Windows.

I currently need to know the following because the project I am in requires this knowledge. Basically I want to know everything about how the security subsystem of Windows works and how I can administer it.

Please note I am not looking for any APIs since I wont do any development work but I will be doing only administrative work. I am a total beginner when it comes to Windows desktop administration so I am wanting resources that does not assume that I am a NT guru. I am also am not looking for anything platform dependent like something related to only Windows Server but whatever resources you do give must be applicable in Windows 8.1.

Also one last tiny request, please give me the names of the books that have good coverage and reviews because I might be buying them from Amazon.

Thanks hoping for a nice time at TechNet forums.

Saturday, June 7, 2014 4:16 PM

Answers

All replies