2011 on windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• can Streets & Trips 2011 be used on a windows 8 computer?
    Sunday, January 6, 2013 10:22 PM

All replies

• Frustrating, isn't it.

OK, here's how I managed to get it working.  

1. Create a new folder on your desktop, called "ST2011Installer".
    2. Open up File Explorer and copy the entire contents of the installation disk into this directory.  Yes, it seems odd, but we're doing it so that we can edit the contents of a single file.
    3. Once the copy is done, find a file called "Setup_ST.ini" in the folder on your desktop and open that file up in Notepad (or your favorite text editor).
    4. Inside that file, goto the line that says"MSVCRTCheck=1" and change that one to a zero.  Now the line should read "MSVCRTCheck=0".
    5. Save the file and close Notepad.
    6. Now, double click on "Setup_ST.exe" in the same folder, which is the installer.  Now, it should skip over the C++ 2010 Runtime check and the installation should run normally.

Sunday, August 11, 2013 5:28 PM
  • Adam, you are a genius! I did exactly as you recommended, and the program installed perfectly and normally!  Thank you for the post. For anyone else reading his solution, the "Setup_ST.ini" file is the one with the 'file page' icon and says "Configuration Settings", NOT the "Setup_ST.exe" that has the little PC Monitor/CD/box on side icon, that says, "Application". In my directory list, it was the second listing of "Setup_ST".
    Monday, September 2, 2013 8:00 PM
  • Not sure how you figured it out, but you're a wiz.  This fix worked for me, too.   
    Monday, December 9, 2013 8:29 PM
  • You are the best,work for me to      thanks!!!!!

Saturday, December 14, 2013 3:33 AM
  • Adam: I was just about to give up trying to install my S &T 2011 on my new computer and was going to throw it away, when I came up on your post. Thank you, Thank you. You sure know your stuff. Your super easy fix worked great!!!  Keep up your posts!!!   Happy New Year!!!!
    Wednesday, January 1, 2014 8:16 AM
  • That works great, thanks so much for the help...
    Sunday, January 12, 2014 10:44 PM
  • Thanks! It worked like a charm.  One quick question: Can I delete the desktop folder "ST2001Installer" with all of its contents?
    Friday, February 7, 2014 4:00 PM