update RRS feed

• Question

• My windows Live One Care was fine until I received an update today and when installed it gave me an urgent message that I needed to uninstall Norton Live Update but when I click to uninstall it gives a message "We have determined that you still have some Symantec applications registered with Live Update.  You should not remove Live Update unless all Symantec applications have been uninstalled.  I had uninstalled Norton Virus when I switched to Live OneCare and it has been working fine - what is this all about?

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 7:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Do you have any other Norton applications like Ghost or PCAnywhere installed? If not, you may want to run the Norton removal tool - 

ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe

Note that you may need to reinstall OneCare after using the removal tool.

-steve

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:15 PM
  • I am getting the red icon because OneCare doesn't like Norton Ghost's LiveUpdate, which I do not want to remove.  Is there a way to tell OneCare to ignore it?  This is really not a step forward since now OneCare tells me I have a critical problem when I believe it is minor.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 7:46 PM
  • You'll either need to ignore the warning or remove LiveUpdate for now. You can't disable the warning in OneCare, but I suspect that the next update to OneCare, slated for a few weeks from now according to reports in the press, will address this.

-steve

Friday, January 18, 2008 1:50 AM