Transperency RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone

I am using  HDmake plugin for Photoshop (HD make) to create a terrain map for deepzoom to use in silverlight. The nature of the map is that it has objects on transparent background. The file i have in Photosop has its backgound set tu transparent. However whne I export the file using  HDmake it is saved without transperency with white background.

Is it possible to export the file with transperency inofrmation? 

So far i have tried to export with maximum quality setting to PNG format but witout success.

Thanks for advice 

Saturday, July 30, 2011 7:38 AM

Answers

• We took a look at the Photoshop plugin code and it currently strips the alpha information.  So, unfortunately there is no way to export the Photoshop alpha channel  to our png tiles.  But, as you say hdmake does allow for this.
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 12:35 AM

All replies

• I was able to verify what you are seeing.  I'm not sure if there is a way to fix this.  We will get back to you after the weekend. 

Sunday, July 31, 2011 12:11 AM
  • We took a look at the Photoshop plugin code and it currently strips the alpha information.  So, unfortunately there is no way to export the Photoshop alpha channel  to our png tiles.  But, as you say hdmake does allow for this.
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 12:35 AM