Blank Page Syndrome RRS feed

• Question

•  

How do I get rid of a Blank Page that keeps appearing within seconds after I've gone online? I have Windows Vista Premium Home Edition.  I use to all of the sudden get a totally blank screen while on line then I'd have to ctrl esc to get to my desktop.  Now, I just get the Blank Page icon on my task bar which I right click and close.

I've ran all of my spyware etc, system cleaner, I really don't think it's a security issue.  I chatted with the manufacturer and they're clueless.

"Thanks ahead of time."

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 9:42 PM

All replies

• Sorry to see nothing posted in response.  I have Vista and just recently I am getting blank page when I try to view anything with thumbnails.   I have to restart and change my security settings to unprotected.  This is bad.  When I try to sign into accounts it takes me back to sign in over and over resulting in blank page tabs open all over the place.

Help!!

Sunday, January 18, 2009 6:04 PM
  • Hi TinkM!  Sorry it took so long to reply.

I downloaded Windows Internet Explorer 8 for Windows Vista 64 bit because I have an HP Pavilion Laptop.  It cleared the blank page mystery, or, "aboutblank."  If you go to the download it will tell you which one to use according to whether or not you have XP or Vista.

I also ran a "reliable" registry cleaner.  So far it's been a couple of weeks and I've had no more problems with the blank page.  I am told it is a browser hyjacker of sorts.  Running a registry cleaner for this solves the problem, but downloading IE8 solved it to begin with.  I really like IE8, it seems to be more secure.

Hope this helps.  Smile  Have a great day.... 

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 4:30 PM