Office 2007 RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

I am a student at university in Aberdeen, Scotland. I have just had to buy a new laptop, with the new windows vista software costing £400. This is all fair enough. But I also have HAD to purchase Microsoft office home and student edition, 2007, the cheapest I have been able to find this is £80. I am completly outraged that this is the case. I feel as I am a student, and have an enormous amount of proof to back this up, there should be a considerable discount for those of us who need this software in order to further our education.

Or indeed, it be given for free, and the licence to expire when the student leaves full time education. Money is tight when you are a student, and the Microsoft office software package is not a luxury but a complete and utter neccesity.

I understand that there are individuals out there that may try and cheat/abuse a service such as this, but for the honest, hard working university/college students like myself I think it is only but fair and with the profits that Microsoft make, would this not be a worthwhile service? It may also discourage people from using pirated software.

Kythie Dunbar

Monday, February 11, 2008 3:51 PM

All replies

• I agree. I'm living in Singapore and i needed microsoft powerpoint to do my homework, it didn't come included with the computer i bought(vista). So i went to the shop and the amount was shocking!!! $248 for just powerpoint,word,excel,one note.
    I've no choice but to buy it since i need to hand up my assignment the next day.
    Saturday, February 16, 2008 1:20 AM