wireless network RRS feed

• Question

• Is there perhaps an incompatability with Win Live OC and the HP Officejet J6480?  I am tempted to uninstall Microsoft and see if my network has no problems.  Right now I don't have IE web browser (x64) working and I get an error message from the network manager saying that my "Connection status: unkown" and that "Server execution failed".  I have some

internet access that goes intermittently in and out.  This has occured ever since I installed Live one care.  I don't think

I can compromise by living without a printer.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 12:52 AM

Answers

• I'm moving your post to the Firewall topic folder.

If the HP OfficeJet is an all-in-one printer that is network attached and not connected locally to the PC, the firewall would potentially be blocking some of the functionality of the printer. You would need to configure the firewall to allow the drive/application to have network access. This is typically required for the FAX and Scan capabilities. The printer should be allowed without a problem.

What is "network manager?"

If your Internet Access is dropping, it is not likely to be caused by OneCare, though I would not rule it out.

If you open OneCare and turn off the firewall temporarily (change settings/firewall tab) does the problem go away?

You may want to contact support -

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, December 11, 2008 4:23 PM