export inovice to word / print invoice RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

Is there a way to print invoices exactly like you can do with offers (mail merge template)? It seems that there is no easy way except with third party tools. 

In general, is it wise to use dynamics crm online for creating and managing your offers, orders and invoices?

With kind regards, Johann

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 2:37 PM

All replies

• hi

How about creating a report on Invoice and exporting report output to word ?

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:49 PM
  • Hello,

I've created a report, but how can I export it to Word? Can I modify report templates?

Thursday, January 30, 2014 7:24 AM
  • Hi

If this is a SSRS report, when you execute it, you have an icon similar to save feature. If you click on it you get various export formats. Word is one of those.

Thursday, January 30, 2014 8:42 AM
  • Found the button, thank you! What about report templates/customized word output?

What I want to do is to create and print invoices in dynamics CRM. I need a company logo, terms and conditions etc on the invoice.

Thursday, January 30, 2014 9:10 AM
  • You mean using email templates in CRM for sending invoices as ?

If you want to use Reports as well. It is possible to include logo , terms and conditions in reports.

That would require someone work in SQL Reporting Service to customise and design reports according to whatever you want.

Only drawback is, you cant email SSRS reports directly. You need to have some custom development to develop something which gets the report as pdf or word and emails it to user.

So standard procedure is, you would need to export report as word. Add it as attachment in email and send it across

Thanks

------------------------

IF my answer/s helped you, kindly mark it as an answer.

Thursday, January 30, 2014 9:40 AM
  • I want to export reports to Word. Can you give me a hint how I can customize reports in Dynamics CRM online? Is this even possible with Dynamics CRM online or do I need to contact my hosting provider?
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:11 AM
  • This might be a bit off topic but I would just like to point to a very versatile Mail-Merge toolkit for .NET. If you have skills to a bit of custom development, you could eventually integrate it into dynamics CRM.
    Friday, February 14, 2014 12:29 PM
  • Hi,

It may be possible to use 3rd party solutions such as this solution.

Iranian Dynamics CRM Association | انجمن متخصصان ایرانی

Friday, February 14, 2014 1:37 PM