none
"Top" and "Bottom" links for very long threads? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

don't know if this has been already proposed or commented. Since the last update and no paging feature implemented, we have to scroll over and over again to the bottom or top for each thread. Could be possible to add link-buttons to move faster within those long threads (top to bottom and viceversa) ?

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards.
    W7 Beta running on an AMD Semprom 3200+ (1800Mhz) with 2 Gbs of RAM and a built-in Nvidia 6100 VGA, and mate, it runs like a charm! And now on my VAIO FE31M Laptop.
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 7:22 AM

All replies

• Reckon:

I agree these top and bottom buttons would be a good idea.

I also think we should have the ability to collapse a thread (in Forum view) from anywhere in the thread, by having the current "up arrow" button reproduced to the left of each post.
    David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 11:46 AM
  • For top and bottom, we could add links but ctrl-home and ctrl-end already allow you to do exactly what you want?

For thread preview, I've just finished putting (view)(close) links at the end of the preview. We'll always consider adding more shortcuts and things make things easier to navigate, just a matter of time and priority :)
    Rob J, Forums Dev
    http://twitter.com/robjoh
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 5:03 PM
  • Rob:

Ctrl-Home and Ctrl-End go to the top and bottom of the page, not to the top and bottom of the thread.  In forum view there is a big difference. (And besides, I'm a mouser...).

I realy think that eventually we need per-thread navigation attached to every post, because in a long thread both the top and the bottom can be a long way away.
    David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 5:22 PM