Windows Vista RTM Key RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have been on the Windows Vista Beta Program for just oaver a year, and during that time I posted a number of bug reports and even a workaround or two. As a result of my efforts I was awarded a free copy of Vista which I am very greatful for.

The only issue that I have is that although the site stated that the Vista Product key would be available a week after I downloaded the product, I still havent received the product key. given that I have had it now for just around 3 weeks now, I'm getting concerned about the impending de-activation of my installation.

Please let me know how I can obtain my product key.

Thursday, January 4, 2007 2:00 PM

Answers

• If you were indeed a qualified beta tester for Windows Vista, then you would have received an email message from Microsoft to visit the Microsoft Connect web site (https://connect.microsoft.com/default.aspx) to obtain a Product Key for Windows Vista RTM.  The email meaage also stated that the Product Key would be available up until December 10, 2006.  If you did not obtain your Product Key by 12-10-2006, it is no longer available. All you can do is to wait to January 30, 2007 and purchase a retail version of Windows Vista from your favorite store that sells computer software.

You may try clicking on the "Contact Us" link located at the bottom of the Microsoft Connect home page for additional assistance with your issue.

In addition, your installed copy of Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 is non-genuine (Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2). Please unistall it, then purchase and install a "genuine" version of Microsoft Office.

Thursday, January 4, 2007 4:06 PM

All replies

• If you were indeed a qualified beta tester for Windows Vista, then you would have received an email message from Microsoft to visit the Microsoft Connect web site (https://connect.microsoft.com/default.aspx) to obtain a Product Key for Windows Vista RTM.  The email meaage also stated that the Product Key would be available up until December 10, 2006.  If you did not obtain your Product Key by 12-10-2006, it is no longer available. All you can do is to wait to January 30, 2007 and purchase a retail version of Windows Vista from your favorite store that sells computer software.

You may try clicking on the "Contact Us" link located at the bottom of the Microsoft Connect home page for additional assistance with your issue.

In addition, your installed copy of Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 is non-genuine (Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2). Please unistall it, then purchase and install a "genuine" version of Microsoft Office.

Thursday, January 4, 2007 4:06 PM
  • Very well, Thanks for the response Corey. all actions outlined have been taken.
    Friday, January 5, 2007 12:15 AM