none
Feedback on THIS forum RRS feed

• General discussion

• Ya know, I take part in a number of forums, most from my profession (tourism industry). And one really nice feature that some -- but not all -- forums have is a mouseover message preview: Put the cursor over the thread title, and you get the first several lines of the initial post. It's a real time-saver for folks that (need to) inhabit forums quite a bit!

Any chance that a mouseover feature of this kind could be added to this forum?

Jes' askin' ...

:)
    Lynn

Lynn
    Friday, April 4, 2008 11:21 PM

All replies

• LynnEubank said:

Ya know, I take part in a number of forums, most from my profession (tourism industry). And one really nice feature that some -- but not all -- forums have is a mouseover message preview: Put the cursor over the thread title, and you get the first several lines of the initial post. It's a real time-saver for folks that (need to) inhabit forums quite a bit!

Any chance that a mouseover feature of this kind could be added to this forum?

Jes' askin' ...

Lynn

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

Good suggestion! Related to that, what do you think of the Preview link that appears to the right of each thread's title?

If you have any more suggestions for the Forums, there is a forum devoted to forum feedback....go to the Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums forum that is listed here:

http://forums.expression.microsoft.com/en-US/forums/

I'm going to move this thread from the Expression Web forum to that one right now.

Anna
    Expression Web l Standards Based Web Authoring
    Saturday, April 5, 2008 1:16 AM
  • Well I'm trying to move this thread but keep getting an error...guess I'll go file a forum bug now!

Anna
    Expression Web l Standards Based Web Authoring
    Saturday, April 5, 2008 1:18 AM
  • The forum preview is nice, but it's not really a time savings over just opening the topic: One click in, one click back out. What I like about the mouseover of the first few lines is that it gives you a quick-and-dirty look at the subject. (With any luck, the question posed in the new topic will be posed or at least approached in those first few lines.)
    Lynn

Lynn
    Saturday, April 5, 2008 1:32 PM
  • Oh, I meant to show you a forum that includes these mouseovers. This particular one is not involved in my professional interest, but rather strictly for fun: A forum for photography nuts with Pentax cameras:

Pentax forums

Lynn

Lynn
    • Edited by LynnEubank Saturday, April 5, 2008 5:57 PM fixed url again
    Saturday, April 5, 2008 1:34 PM
  • I like the mouseover idea. It is not necessary to expand the entire (preview) thread in order to get a handle on the topic.
    You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    Monday, April 7, 2008 3:15 PM