Cannot activate windows vista home premium RRS feed

• Question

• I know I have posted here earlier, but since i was in Germany for two weeks without internet access and my bookmarked thread seems to have disappeared, I'm going to post my problem once again:

I bought a laptop at compUSA in June with preinstalled windows Vista Premium Home Edition. Since I encountered problems with wireless networks, I had to eventually reinstall Vista with the dvd I have received from compUSA together with my laptop. I entered the product key given on the back of my laptop and now I get the request to activate my windows. I tried doing it via phone but that failed, however, my windows copy is genuine:

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: 0x1
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-MV74P-JRXDX-YDDQK
    Windows Product Key Hash: x/6FR/GWp0ttMdz0Cxn/80wS7YU=
    Windows Product ID: 89578-OEM-7216561-80680
    Windows Product ID Type: 8
    Windows License Type: COA SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.003
    ID: ee2b486f-62c9-48b2-b798-a56e2c295d6b
    Is Admin: No
    AutoDial:
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics:

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>ee2b486f-62c9-48b2-b798-a56e2c295d6b</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.003</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-YDDQK</PKey><PID>89578-OEM-7216561-80680</PID><PIDType>8</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-613131129-2964074142-1077936214</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Model>HP Pavilion dv2000 (RP408UA#ABA)</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Version>F.23</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20070213000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>15323507018400EE</HWID><UserLCID>0427</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>FLE Standard Time(GMT+02:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>HPQOEM</OEMID><OEMTableID>SLIC-MPC</OEMTableID></OEM></MachineData>      <Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

When I do the online validation I get this:

Validation Complete! 
    Validation Complete!

Thank you for validating your copy of Microsoft Windows.

Thank you for using the Windows Genuine Advantage program. You may now access resources for genuine Windows users.

However, windows is still not validated and I am out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Friday, June 29, 2007 10:40 PM

Answers

•  

Please try phone activating and speak with a customer service representative when you're given the option. You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4" in the search field in the Start Menu and pressing Enter. 

Thursday, July 26, 2007 4:54 PM
  • Hi aakash,

Have you tried Activating by Phone?  If not, please try the steps below:

a) If you have access to the Start button: Click the Start button, and type in "slui.exe 4" in the search field and then press the "Enter" key. This will bring up the Activate by Phone dialog window. Follow the steps provided by the window. The phone activation process should only take about 6 minutes.

b) If you do not have access to the Start button: Reboot and login to Vista, a dialog window will come up. In that window, click the option "Access computer with reduced functionality". Once you do that, Internet Explorer or Firefox browser will open. In the address bar type "c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe" press enter, a new window will come up, type: slui 4 and hit enterand follow steps to Activate over the Phone.

NOTE: The key to this process is that you need to talk to a Live Activation Rep! When you first call, you will be interacting with an Automated Voice, either select the option to talk to a Live Rep or if there is no option, do not enter any numbers. This should force the automated voice to tansfer you to a Live Rep.

If that doesn't resolve your issue, please create your own thread (it's hard to troubleshoot more then one issue in the same thread) then download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue" click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into the new thread.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Devasas,

Please also post the error code you get (if any) when you validate by clicking "Validate Windows" here: www.microsoft.com/genuine

The error code will be gray and in brackets at the end of the message on the page that says validation failed.  (It'll look something like this:  [0xC004C000]).

Thank you!

Monday, July 16, 2007 7:59 PM
  • Validation Complete! 
    Validation Complete!

Thank you for validating your copy of Microsoft Windows.

Thank you for using the Windows Genuine Advantage program. You may now access resources for genuine Windows users.

That is all I get when trying to validate via the website. No error codes or anything.
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 4:08 PM
  •  

Please try phone activating and speak with a customer service representative when you're given the option. You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4" in the search field in the Start Menu and pressing Enter. 

Thursday, July 26, 2007 4:54 PM
  • my uncle gifted me laptop

company-acer

model no aspire5100

he bye it frm uk (united kingdom)

he registerd window in name of s verma

after sme days it is caused wid any problem

and i format the old windos any install again with dvd of windos vista home premium but i can not activate

the windows when i activate the windows it show da product key ur type is invaild for activation

my product key is

poduct key -*****-*****-*****-MCTT2-2QQV8 it is stiker on back of my laptop

product id -89578-OEM-7215141-70037

plz solve my problem 

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 6:16 AM
  • Hi aakash,

Have you tried Activating by Phone?  If not, please try the steps below:

a) If you have access to the Start button: Click the Start button, and type in "slui.exe 4" in the search field and then press the "Enter" key. This will bring up the Activate by Phone dialog window. Follow the steps provided by the window. The phone activation process should only take about 6 minutes.

b) If you do not have access to the Start button: Reboot and login to Vista, a dialog window will come up. In that window, click the option "Access computer with reduced functionality". Once you do that, Internet Explorer or Firefox browser will open. In the address bar type "c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe" press enter, a new window will come up, type: slui 4 and hit enterand follow steps to Activate over the Phone.

NOTE: The key to this process is that you need to talk to a Live Activation Rep! When you first call, you will be interacting with an Automated Voice, either select the option to talk to a Live Rep or if there is no option, do not enter any numbers. This should force the automated voice to tansfer you to a Live Rep.

If that doesn't resolve your issue, please create your own thread (it's hard to troubleshoot more then one issue in the same thread) then download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue" click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into the new thread.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:02 PM
  • Thread Locked

We are unable to troubleshoot 3+ issues in the same thread and from experiance, most "I have the same issue" posts are, in fact, not the same issue.

If you have an Activation or Validation issue, please create your Own thread for your Own issue. Download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue" click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into your new thread.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:06 PM