Why isn't WHS on MSDN / Technet? RRS feed

• Question

• Okay, so I have seen the notes that say that WHS will not be available on MSDN or Technet. My question is "Why not?" That is the reason that I subscribe! So that I get availabiltiy to software for testing purposes. So I am not allowed to test this product?  Is there a timetable where it will be available?

Thursday, October 18, 2007 2:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• Thursday, October 18, 2007 3:20 PM
  • Hopefully it will appear on MSDN, but if you only want "to test it" then you can order the 120 day evaluation edition from the MS website shortly - 6 months is long enough to test :-)

Andrew

Thursday, October 18, 2007 6:23 PM
  • Could you point me to the link for the download of the 120 day evaluation on microsoft.com...... .

Thursday, October 18, 2007 11:58 PM
  • There is no download version of the 120 day evaluation of Windows Home Server. It will be a disk kit that will be available soon from microsoft.com.

Friday, October 19, 2007 12:01 AM
  •  Andrew Edney wrote:

Hopefully it will appear on MSDN, but if you only want "to test it" then you can order the 120 day evaluation edition from the MS website shortly - 6 months is long enough to test :-)

Andrew

FYI; 120 days equals 4 months
    Friday, October 19, 2007 4:17 AM
  • DOH! :-)

it was late at night and I was tired :-)

Andrew

Friday, October 19, 2007 6:32 AM
  •  

Does anyone have the faintest idea of how soon the evaluation version will be available?  I was hoping it was going to be on TechNet, but I see that it's not.  I am in the Connect program, but the last version I was able to test was Beta 2.  I did notice a post somewhere, don't remember which site, that said the eval would be available within 4-6 weeks, but that was dated mid-August and it still hasn't surfaced.  I really want to try a more polished version before I go ahead and make a decision whether to buy or not.
    Monday, October 22, 2007 1:19 AM
  • The evaluation version should be available for order through Microsoft fairly soon. I haven't seen a firm date, though I know that the disks exist...
    Monday, October 22, 2007 4:21 AM