Validation Fails After Successful Activation RRS feed

• Question

• I have  been activated for a few weeks and my system crashed after an attempt to update to MS KB925902 on 4/6/07. I later found the problem to be my antvirus BitDefender V10. I uninstalled BD and loaded a Vista compliant AV. It stll only boots in safe mode. I found in device mgmnt. that BDRSDRV, Link-Layer Topology Mapper I/O driver, Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder, and Security Processor Loader Driver had CODE 24 errors and was DISABLED.

I removed BDRSDRV and then tried to download from MS, Link-Layer Discovery Responder driver.

My Vista failed the verification. I ran the WGA twice and it displays a page stating: "Either an unauthorized change was made to your Windows license or a software program installed on this computer is not currently compatible with Vista.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ronald Roberts

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 1:45 PM

Answers

•  

Please post the results of the WGA diagnostics tool (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012).  Also, can you tell me the error code you see on the page with the "Either an unauthorized change ..." message.  It'll be gray and in brackets at the end of the message.  Is it 0xC004D401 or 0x80070426?

Thank you!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 8:27 PM