locked
Issues in the MAS dataset in Azure CSV and Power Pivot RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have tried to use the Microsoft Academic dataset in the Azure Marketplace and found that two of the tables: Papers and Paper-Author. Both of these throw out errors when using PowerPivot and the CSV downloads terminate immaturely.

    I was using PowerPivot 2010 under Excel 32bit and here's the error I got on the Paper-Author table:

    Errors in the high-level relational engine. The following exception occurred while the managed IDataReader interface was being used: '?', hexadecimal value 0x14, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 606120..

    The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.

    Out of line object 'DataSource', referring to ID(s) '7c481181-107d-4786-a048-4b2512549e9a', has been specified but has not been used.

    Out of line object 'DataSourceView', referring to ID(s) 'Temp_DSV', has been specified but has not been used.

    The CSV download ended around the 7500 publication ID.

    With the Papers table the error was 

    Errors in the high-level relational engine. The following exception occurred while the managed IDataReader interface was being used: '?', hexadecimal value 0x15, is an invalid character. Line 5, position 497140..

    The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.

    Out of line object 'DataSource', referring to ID(s) '267bd2d2-464d-4909-8e56-9f797cb3d298', has been specified but has not been used.

    Out of line object 'DataSourceView', referring to ID(s) 'Temp_DSV', has been specified but has not been used.

    It would be helpful if these errors could be fixed so that the datasets could be downloaded with ease for more detailed analytical research.

    Thanks and best regards

    Rasika

    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 10:44 AM

All replies

  • Hello Rasika,

    Please email us at acadapi@Microsoft.com. Thank you!


    Thomas, Academic Search Editor

    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 11:52 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi Thomas,

    I have emailed on the given email and so far I have not received any response.

    Furthermore, I have done my own investigations as to why the crashes are occurring and have found out that the said tables have got entries that have got invalid characters in the data sections. One of the most common ones was  which is a non-printable character and an invalid character in XML. There were many others in these tables. If these values are removed, the XML would become valid and avoid the crashes.

    Thanks and best regards

    Rasika

    Monday, September 1, 2014 12:00 AM