Help on Creating Cases RRS feed

• Question

• Dearl all,

I am actually started to implement CRM in my daily work and come to a question.
    I need to create case service traacking for my customer issue.

When an issue is coming from a customer, I am creating a case based on the issue and would like to get an automatic email send to my custmer with the tracking number and a reference to the trouble.

How can I do that ?

Thanks for step by steps guide as I am new in this

regards
    Serge

Your knowledge is enhanced by that of others.
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 2:28 PM

Answers

• Hi

You will have to create a Workflow for doing this. What to do (assuming this CRM2011):

- Goto Settings > Processes > New - This will open up a workflow for you

- Enter a workflow name, and select the Entity as Case and the category as Workflow and click on OK

- Leave the default settings and click on "Add Step" and select Send Email

- Click on Set Properties

- Enter the Value in From and a predefined Subject

- In the To, you will need to add a dynamic value, for this see the form assistant. In the Look for, select Customer (contact). In the next field select contact. and click ok, this will create the Dynamic value and enter it on the To field

- Enter the predefined text i nthe body. I nthe place where you need to enter the case number, we will use the dynamic values again. Select Case on the Look for field on the form assistant and Select Case ID i nthe next field and click OK

- Save and Close the Email.

- Save the Workflow and click on activate.

Now when you create a new case, CRM will create an email for you addressed to the contact who is selected on the case with the CASE ID in the body of the email and Depending on your email preferences, will also send out the email.

Thanks and Regards

AniMandal

http://xrmadventures.wordpress.com/

• Proposed as answer by AniMandal Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Serge Calderara Wednesday, April 6, 2011 7:43 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Serge Calderara Wednesday, April 6, 2011 8:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Saturday, April 9, 2011 8:42 PM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:51 PM
  • Hi

what is trigger for your Workflow? Is it set to Execute when the Record is created, then it will fire only when a new case is create. some suggestions:

- Check scope - set to OU

- Check Trigger - Ser to Create and then create a new case

- Check if the workflows is activate - activate the workflow

- Check if your Asynchronous service is Running or not - Start the service

- check if a draft email is created (check all views - case activity, your activity, all activities)

Thanks and Regards

AniMandal

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 11:57 PM

All replies

• Hi

You will have to create a Workflow for doing this. What to do (assuming this CRM2011):

- Goto Settings > Processes > New - This will open up a workflow for you

- Enter a workflow name, and select the Entity as Case and the category as Workflow and click on OK

- Leave the default settings and click on "Add Step" and select Send Email

- Click on Set Properties

- Enter the Value in From and a predefined Subject

- In the To, you will need to add a dynamic value, for this see the form assistant. In the Look for, select Customer (contact). In the next field select contact. and click ok, this will create the Dynamic value and enter it on the To field

- Enter the predefined text i nthe body. I nthe place where you need to enter the case number, we will use the dynamic values again. Select Case on the Look for field on the form assistant and Select Case ID i nthe next field and click OK

- Save and Close the Email.

- Save the Workflow and click on activate.

Now when you create a new case, CRM will create an email for you addressed to the contact who is selected on the case with the CASE ID in the body of the email and Depending on your email preferences, will also send out the email.

Thanks and Regards

AniMandal

• Proposed as answer by AniMandal Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Serge Calderara Wednesday, April 6, 2011 7:43 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Serge Calderara Wednesday, April 6, 2011 8:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Saturday, April 9, 2011 8:42 PM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:51 PM
  • I have ndone what you said but I did not receive an email in retun,

What I have done , is that I have send an email to my self from an other mail box:
    Then I tunr the email as cases

Baesd on your step above, when case gets created, the workfloww should execute but not...

I have created and activate the workflow as an Administrtaor but create the case as my own user.
    Does created workflow gets executed only from the one who create them or can they run for any user ?

How can I track if workflow executes ?

regards

serge

Your knowledge is enhanced by that of other
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 8:09 PM
  • Hi

you can set teh scope of the workflow. Make sure, the workflow scope is set as "Organization" then it will fire for anybody. The scope is set as "User" by default. Hopefully this should get the Workflow to fire.

Thanks and Regards

AniMandal

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 8:13 PM
  • seems that the work flow is not fired.

just to be sure :

I have set the work flow  scop to OU, the the To field is {Contact[Customer[COntact]]}
    When I go to the case form and click on wokflow on the left, I have nothing displayed in any view

No luck any idea ?

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 9:09 PM
  • Hi

what is trigger for your Workflow? Is it set to Execute when the Record is created, then it will fire only when a new case is create. some suggestions:

- Check scope - set to OU

- Check Trigger - Ser to Create and then create a new case

- Check if the workflows is activate - activate the workflow

- Check if your Asynchronous service is Running or not - Start the service

- check if a draft email is created (check all views - case activity, your activity, all activities)

Thanks and Regards

AniMandal

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 11:57 PM
  • I can see now the email build from workflow in activity but status is "Pending"

I have my CRM confgure as OUtl for all incoming email and Email router for all sending to Exchange online

Any idea why it stays in pendng state ?

No erro in event viewer.
    And Servidce is runing

Thursday, April 7, 2011 7:33 AM
  • If the e-mail is staying in Pending status, then something is preventing the e-mail from being sent.  The instructions for your original question, "how to generate an automatic email send to my custmer with the tracking number and a reference to the trouble", has been answered. 

Getting your server configured to send and receive e-mail is a different question.  Since you are using Exchange Online, please review this article to troubleshoot the issue.  If you are still having issues configuring your e-mail router for exchange online, please post a question with the error you are experiencing. 

Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online E-mail Router with Exchange Online

Using the Dynamics CRM Email Router with Exchange

Thank you!

Regards, Donna

Saturday, April 9, 2011 8:42 PM