Call forking with OCS and CCM 5.x / 6.x RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I see a number of posts here is talking about OCS 07 and CCM integrations. I see one way is to use a SIP trunk from CCM to OCS mediation server.

But in this case, is the call forking mention in the voip deployment guide in Microsoft website works. So when user a dial user b's desktop phone extension, both user b's desktop phone and OCS client will ring?

If anyone has tried with it successfully, could you share how to do this?
    Wednesday, September 19, 2007 4:12 PM

All replies

• Hi zozolee,

This configuration configuration requires the use of Cisco Mobility Manager (or unfied Mobility) in conjunction with Cisco Callmanager. If you are using CCM 6.0 this is part of CCM but still requires a device license. If you are using anything other than 6.0, Mobility Manager requires a seperate server and software. I have tested this with 5.x and 4.2(3) and it works fine. It just requires your user to have two seperate DN's, one for CCM and one for MOC. Here is a link to the product required.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6567/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

Cheers

Chris

Monday, September 24, 2007 1:53 PM
  • Thanks for your information.

I just read the content and it seems that the mobility manager is a "CISCO" feature rather than an OCS feature. Is there anything we can configure in OCS to make the forking on the other way round?

Desktop Phone dial OCS client ext and the corresponding Desktop phone will ring.

Besides, i see the telephone integration document from Microsoft mention there is more integrations like Do Not Disturb (DND). So is it possible to make the desktop phone DND when we set the status in the OCS client DND?

Monday, September 24, 2007 2:24 PM
  • Sure, you could do simultanious ring from MOC to ring your deskphone as well. Really depends on where you voice mail or UM sits. If your voice mail system services OCS directly (which is going to be exchange 07) or if it services the desk phone directly. Other wise getting the call to go back to the voice mail system on unanswered calls could be tricky although probably not impossible you would just have to have your timers set correctly for ring no answer for voice mail. So my advice would be to do the forking on the system that controls where your voice mail goes would probably be easiest.

Presence states between OCS and CCM are not compatible but that not to say that you can control the function of the phone from MOC for DND. If you do simultatous ring from MOC the desk phone will not ring when MOC is in DND. If you do call forking from CCM the desk phone will still ring butt MOC will not if in DND prsence state. Does that make sense?

Cheers

Chris

Monday, September 24, 2007 3:37 PM