none
Updating Profile RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry if this is out of context but I just don't see an option and thos seems to be the least offensive. I am changing to a new computer system and changing to a new e-mail address. Where do I find the option to update my profile. The FAQ suggested that I could find "My links" then "My Profile" on any page in the forum but I just don't see it....
    • Moved by Cindy Meister MVP Monday, May 23, 2011 9:02 AM Needs help with forum structures (From:General Office Development)
    • Moved by Brent Serbus Monday, May 23, 2011 4:29 PM profile question (From:Forums Issues (not product support))
    Friday, May 20, 2011 1:15 AM

Answers

• The best place to get help with MSDN forums is this one: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/threads

And I'll move your message there as if what I say isn't clear, those will be the folks to assist you.

FWIW, you need to "Sign in" using your Windows Live ID. Then, when I look at the right hand side of the forum I see:

"Need Help with Forums"
     "My forum LInks"
     Then "me" (my name and avatar)
     Then a list of links: My Settings, My Profile, My Threads...

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Sean Jenkin Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:42 PM
    Monday, May 23, 2011 9:02 AM

All replies

• The best place to get help with MSDN forums is this one: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/threads

And I'll move your message there as if what I say isn't clear, those will be the folks to assist you.

FWIW, you need to "Sign in" using your Windows Live ID. Then, when I look at the right hand side of the forum I see:

"Need Help with Forums"
     "My forum LInks"
     Then "me" (my name and avatar)
     Then a list of links: My Settings, My Profile, My Threads...

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Sean Jenkin Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:42 PM
    Monday, May 23, 2011 9:02 AM
  • What type of browser are you using? Make sure you use internet explorer . I've seen Firefox not work properly. If that doesn't work, try to reset your IE security defaults by going to Tools - Options - Security/Privacy Tab and reset everything back to default.
    Distance Learning MBA | Part Time MBA
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 10:11 AM
  • All the way, Sanjoy.  My browser was blocking the options...

Thanks...

Emerogork
    • Proposed as answer by liveandkickin Wednesday, June 5, 2013 6:34 PM
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 12:52 PM