none
BitLocker RRS feed

• Question

• Hi !!!

i have this question:

i have a laptop that i didn't know the administrator logon password.  I would like to know how i can know if bitlocker is enable on the boot os hard drive.  I would like to know too that if bitlocker is enable and i disconnect hard drive and plug in another machine and i cannnot read its content (because of bitlocker) if i would still be able to boot with the laptop when i replug the drive in.

So in resume if i just disconnect hard drive and replug if its gonna still boot correct even if bitlocker is enable in it?

I ask because i know that some hard drive are physicaly made that if you just unplug it, is not gonna boot anymore and/or data not accessible.

I don't understand the category selector above, there is no category for the question i ask, so i select windows home server, but it is not necessarely for this os.

Thanks you !!!

Monday, February 24, 2014 5:22 PM

All replies

• You are right, this is the wrong forum but that shouldn't be a problem although I have never done it myself! Can you see the Bitlocker service running on the machine?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 1:52 PM
  • Nop, im not able to access services, not even the machine, i didn't have the admin password.  That's why i wan't to plug the hdd on another machine to read its contents.

I think i gonna install à Windows on an empty hdd with bitlocker enable and try it :)

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 3:19 PM