none
Making two setup from one project using msbuild RRS feed

• Question

• HI the requirement is two clickonce setup project from single project . second project will have ui change and also location for setup will be different.

how should i pass variable to msbuild command to create second setup with slight UI change?

• Moved by Stanly Fan Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:44 AM
    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 11:27 AM

All replies

• You could create additional configurations.  (Debug / Release)  You could have configurations for ReleaseDefaultUI and ReleaseSpecialUI

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 3:07 PM
  • Hi Pawan,

What is the type of your project to publish with clickonce? Windows desktop app? Or web app?

I'm not sure what do you mean about UI changed, and also what do you mean about the location of the setup project?

If you mean changing the publish location, just like:

Please refer to this commend as below:

msbuild /target:publish /p:Configuration=Release;PublishDir=c:\playground\

If you mean changing the location that install your clickonce project, I'm afraid you can not change it, clickonce install location is fixed and it is:

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

You can not change this location whatever method you used.

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 7, 2017 6:46 AM