Installing SNMP on a service packed/patched PC RRS feed

• General discussion

• Has anyone got to the bottom of installing SNMP on a PC that has been patched/SP'd. I seem to get a random copy error when I select the source to install from. I.E I select SNMP and then browse for the installation source and this then copies files and then fails asking for another file; this file is in the same place, this is not always the same file, but it never completes. I have googled the problem and the most convicing answer is that it is a security problem, that is made worse by the updates added to XP. The only solution tha appears to work is a new install with SNMP added immediately, rather than after patches... Someone else tried having all packages for SNMP files (SP0, SP1, SP2 and SP3) and pointing this at each in turn, but this did not work either

Unfortunately the reinstallation is not an option as I have alot of machines to do....

:(
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:46 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:52 PM Off topic. (From:Microsoft Security Essentials: Getting Started and Upgrading)
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:29 PM

All replies