Inactive Keywords - Campaign and Ad Groups are Active...Confused RRS feed

• Question

• For some reason my campaign and ad groups are active but my keywords are "Inactive".  Do you guys know of any reason why this would happen?

I've waited a couple of days for it to become active but no change.  They are not paused in any way (user or budget pauses).

Any help would be nice,

Thanks!

Vince
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Vince,

Most likely, your keywords are under editorial review, pending approval.

Whenever you submit an ad group, the content is reviewed to make sure that it meets the Microsoft adCenter editorial guidelines. If the ads and keywords pass this review, the ads are live and available to be displayed. But the review takes longer in some situations:

• The ad or keyword list contains questionable words. 
    • The advertised Web site cannot be accessed. 
    • The Web site contains information that is unrelated or not permitted. 

In these situations, additional review of ads and keywords could take as little as several hours or as long as several business days. After the review, the status will be changed to "active" or "disapproved."

You can read more about inactive keywords in this Help topic, and you can always contact adCenter Support (U.S.: https://support.adcenter.msn.com/contactus.aspx?productkey=Adcenterss&locale=en-us) and they will be able to take a look into your account and answer your specific questions.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Carolyn

Thursday, January 17, 2008 12:58 AM
  • Thank you, Carolyn. That helps.

Just wondered since I have two ad groups in this situation and are the two newest ones.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 1:32 AM