Could someone please help me with a problem with WHS 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using WHS 2003 SP3 on a HP box (HP Pavilion a820n (P4 540J, 3.2 GHz, 768 MB RAM) and a 700 watt power supply and 2 SATA 1 TB drives.  I recently upgraded the power supply froma 400 watt to the 700 watt power and did a fresh install of the WHS 2003 software.  I have checked the motherboard for any crowned caps, checked ram wither memtest 86+4 v4.2.0.  Not sure if there is anything else I should check.  The box ran fine prior.  I did the increase in power supply because I thought I might add another SATA 1 TB drive.  Since doing that I have been experiencing the following:

The systems hangs up for a long time and then releases when attemping to open a couple of windows.

The WHS Server Console takes a while to open.

And when you go to close a window, more times then not the window closes very slowly from the top down almost like it is erasing line by line in slow motion.

Any help would be appreciated.

Monday, August 8, 2011 4:53 PM

All replies

• Have you tried anything to test the assumption that the new power supply is good? Are you sure you have all the same drivers (chipset, etc) on th new install you had on the old install?
    Monday, August 8, 2011 6:32 PM