homepage and categorie ranking issues RRS feed

• Question

• My store has been indexed and ranked for various keywords since 2005.  About 2007 MSN stopped ranking for my homepage and categories.  My site says its not blocked and all categories pages are well linked.  It seems I have a penalty for on those pages only.  I've emailed and ask about reinclussion but to no avail.  If any advice or help with this issue would be appreciated.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 4:12 AM

Answers

• Taking a closer look at this, I can only suggest reading our FAQs located at the top of this ranking forum and at the top of our indexing forum. I also suggest reading our indexing guidelines.

Brett

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 4:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Mikus,

I would like to help you. Could you please provide your domain name and a few of your top keywords so that I may research this further?

Thanks,

Brett

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:53 PM
  • Hi Brett,

www.sincerityweddings.com

Wedding Accessories
    Bridal Accessories
    Groomsmen Gifts
    Bridesmaid Gifts
    Wedding Gifts

Thanks
    Friday, December 5, 2008 12:30 AM
  • What do you mean when you say "MSN stopped ranking for my homepage and categories"?  Are you talking about specifiic pages?

I did a Live search on the terms you listed and your website turns up

#6 for Wedding Accessories
    #27 for Bridal Accessories
    #42 for Groomsmen Gifts
    #26 for Bridesmaid Gifts
    #68 for Wedding Gifts

Some of these referred to you home page, which is why I don't understand what you mean by stopped ranking for your home page.

... Duane

Friday, December 5, 2008 3:04 PM
  • Not sure what you seen because I run seaches on those terms and no listing.  I look at my analytics and msn doesn't show but just a few traffic.  Maybe you caught a glimpse but the majority of the time they aren't there.
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 3:08 AM
  • Taking a closer look at this, I can only suggest reading our FAQs located at the top of this ranking forum and at the top of our indexing forum. I also suggest reading our indexing guidelines.

Brett

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 4:34 PM
  • I will have to completely disagree.  I've been with all the engines for a long time.  Reading the guidelines only reinforces what I already follow.  I only see one thing that FAQ says 2 keywords per pages and some of my categories have 3.  I have quality links ect...  If i started a new site, I guarantee I could rank it easier in msn than the site I was asking about.  

Even if I follow every guideline by MSN I guarantee it won't rank because it is penalized from the past.   I guarantee it.  Oh well, I'll pass on MSN anyway.
    Friday, January 16, 2009 12:09 AM