Windows Live ID RRS feed

• Question

•  

Vers 1.6

When I follow the instruction to see my Windows Live ID, listed below, I see nothing about Subscription ID.  If I login to Windows live and check my account all looks fine and Windows live onecare updates regularly so all seems well except my ID is not in the About ...  Any ideas?  Thanks

1. Open Windows Live OneCare.
    2. Click Help, and then click About Windows Live OneCare. Your Windows Live ID appears next to Subscription ID.
    Wednesday, December 5, 2007 5:12 AM

Answers

• If your copy of OneCare was originally installed as version 1.0 or 1.1, then this option isn't there for you. It was new in version 1.5 and could not be added to an update. As long as you know the LiveID, that isn't a problem, though.

If you reinstall OneCare and activate with that LiveID, the information will be within the OneCare local database and will be displayed.

-steve

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 7:56 PM

All replies

• If your copy of OneCare was originally installed as version 1.0 or 1.1, then this option isn't there for you. It was new in version 1.5 and could not be added to an update. As long as you know the LiveID, that isn't a problem, though.

If you reinstall OneCare and activate with that LiveID, the information will be within the OneCare local database and will be displayed.

-steve

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 7:56 PM
  • Thanks,

I was concerned that it might prevent the upgrade to 2.0. 

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 11:28 PM
  • It shouldn't be an issue. If, however, your v1.6 copy does not update within the next few weeks (I'm not sure what percentage of users have been updated yet, but it may still be a while before all users are offered the update), you can certainly uninstall and reinstall, activating with your subscription LiveID.

-steve

Thursday, December 6, 2007 4:40 PM