Copy of Windows Not Genuine and Internet connection problems. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

I purchased my Dell computer from Dell about 4 years ago that came with Microsoft XP installed on it. It was working fine until about July/August when all of a sudden I began getting an error that my version of Microsoft was not original and that I might be a victim of software counterfeiting. When I bypass the message I get a pop up box that states that "my copy of windows is not genuine and I have not resolved the issue". I click on the "Get Genuine" button and it attempts to download the Windows Genuine advantage but then I receive another error that states "setup could not verify the integrity of the UPDATE.INF. Make sure that the cryptographic is running on the computer."

The major problem that I believe that this is causing is that I can connect to the internet and get to the main page of a site but when I try to open any other page within the website I am getting an error "that you are not connected to the internet". Dell did not send me a copy of Microsoft XP or I would try to reinstall.

Is there anything that can be done to correct this problem?

Thanks

John

• Changed type Carl-S Tuesday, October 7, 2008 3:20 PM
    • Changed type Carl-S Tuesday, October 7, 2008 3:20 PM
    Monday, October 15, 2007 8:44 PM