i forgot the administrator password what can i do? RRS feed

• Question

• I am locked out of the administrator and cannot get bak in to it i forgot my password and i'm totally screwed what do i do ?

i need to get into the administrator what can i do

Saturday, August 7, 2010 5:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• Did you create a password reset disk before?
    Afraid to forget windows password? Learn how to create a windows password reset disk.
    Monday, August 9, 2010 4:03 AM
  •  Hi Jack, there’s the link to you:

What to do if you forget your Windows password

·          

·        

As this forum focuses on Windows SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows XP or Windows Vista:

forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/windowsxpitpro

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsvistaitpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

• Edited by Leo Huang Tuesday, August 17, 2010 1:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:17 AM
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:25 AM
  • firstly, i want to know is your PC a Windows  XP,Windows 7 or Windows Vista sytem? If it is a Windows xp, there are two easy ways to reset forgotten Windows password.

1.use a default admin account to recover Windows password , which is in Windows XP system

2.Log in to Safe Mode and enter the PC with the built-in administrator account(only for Windows XP)
    When you installed Windows XP you had to set a password for the administrator account. You will need this password to log on. To boot up in Safe Mode, you have to press F8 when your computer starts.

otherwise, i recommend you to retrieve lost password with Windows password recovery tools, like Windows Password Unlocker , which supports  Windows XP/7/Vista/NT/2000/2003/2008, and crack Windows password in a quick and safe way.

Thursday, August 12, 2010 3:18 AM
  • Have you create a windows password recovery disk? If not, I suggest use the windows password recovery tool, which can help you quickly reset windows password and save your time.

If you had create windows password recovery disk, you also use this disk reset your windows password.

How to create windows password recovery disk, visit here.

• Edited by beckhamchan Tuesday, August 7, 2012 4:36 AM
    Friday, July 13, 2012 2:53 AM