Regarding .NET(C#, ASP.NET ) Certification For Beginners RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am quite new  to this Community,using it first time.As my current working area are .NET3.5(C#(BASIC LEVEL) , Asp.NET 2.0(BASIC LEVEL), SQl Server) , Enterprise poratal(Share Point) , Microsoft Dynamics Axapta 2009.I have Graduated in July 2008(B.E.) and joined a MNC (IT) in oct 08 and now i have around 6 months exp.  I want to know that which Certification shod i undegone i.e. whcih will be most useful to me as i m quite new to these certifications on .NET( as i have interest in C# and Asp.NET ) and whcih can even help me to get into Microsoft.I am working on Visual Studion 2008 . Please answer in pin point way as i have undergone through various relevant Questions on this form but didt find exactly ans to my question.

Also as i read abt exam 70-536, 70-562, that candidate should have atleast 2-3 years of expeience ..is this the eligibilty criteria??m i not eligible for these exams???

Hoping for Positive and Early Responses.

Thanks in Advance

Saturday, February 28, 2009 10:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The experience of 2-3 years is recommended but anybody can take the certifications.
    If you are interested in ASP.Net in 2008 then 70-536 and 70-562 is the right track.
    Passing these exams without the experience to back them up is better than not having them, but is unlikely to put you ahead of people with more experience at interview.

Hope this helps

Geoff

• Proposed as answer by Geoff Clark MCM Sunday, March 1, 2009 3:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ken Rosen_MS Thursday, March 5, 2009 10:33 PM
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 3:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The experience of 2-3 years is recommended but anybody can take the certifications.
    If you are interested in ASP.Net in 2008 then 70-536 and 70-562 is the right track.
    Passing these exams without the experience to back them up is better than not having them, but is unlikely to put you ahead of people with more experience at interview.

Hope this helps

Geoff

• Proposed as answer by Geoff Clark MCM Sunday, March 1, 2009 3:15 AM
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 3:15 AM
  • Thanks a lot Geoff for ur ans. and can u tell me one more thing that Can these certifications helps to GEt into MIcrosoft(i.e. to fetch a job in microsoft)..or suggest me how can get into..as i m very keen to get a job in some big organisations..
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 12:54 PM
  • Hi,

Probably other people much better qualified to answer this, but friends of mine who have joined Microsoft are all very experienced.  Microsoft may have graduate opportunities, but the opportunities are probably very dependent on country.
    I imagine wth the credit crisis a lot of big firms have hiring freezes.
    I do not have any advice in how to get into big organization apart from apply and be keen.

Best of luck

Geoff
    • Proposed as answer by Geoff Clark MCM Tuesday, March 3, 2009 9:26 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Ken Rosen_MS Thursday, March 5, 2009 10:33 PM
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 10:53 PM
  • Thanks...Actually  i am from india..as i have mentioned my current working...so can anybody suggest me how to get into Microsoft...
    waiting for responses..
    Monday, March 2, 2009 1:12 PM