Public IM Connectivity RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would like to know if public connectivity is working for the Beta ?

I allow federation then I enable MSN provider on my edge, but I can't speek with any MSN contact.

Thanks

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 5:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, PIC should work for OCS.

Did you check http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/communicationsserver/HA102030071033.aspx and http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=b257340c-2420-40d3-9b1e-f46c718574cc&displayLang=en?

Did you provision your federation with MSN? And did they apply the changes on their side?

Thanks

Bernd

Thursday, May 24, 2007 12:38 PM
  • Hi and thanks for your answer.

I did not things like that, I thaugh that it was free for the beta test.

Apparently there is is a mean to have a free trial. Some body know something about that ?

Thursday, May 24, 2007 1:28 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry, but there is no such thing as a free trial. Enabling PIC with MSN, AOL and Yahoo would need several changes to their routing configuration :-).

Thanks

Bernd

Thursday, May 24, 2007 2:15 PM
  • The provisioning process is required because not only does your AP have to federate with the PIC providers, but their AP has to federate with you. Each of the PIC providers configures each of its federated partners individually (there are thousands).
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 5:30 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your answers,

It's a shame that it's not possible, but I perfectly understand why.

I just asked the question because for some companies were Live-Messenger is allowed OCS 2007 became less attractive, even if there is much new functionality. 

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 9:13 AM
  • Hi, I'm new with LCS and OCS. I'm installing a OCS and an Edge Server to provide IM Public Connectivity (Allow internal users to send IM to external users in MSN). I have a doubt, Is it necessary to buy licences to provide this access ? How can I get and install it ? I'm using the Beta version of OCS 2007. Tks !
    Thursday, June 21, 2007 2:27 PM