none
Labbing Prerequisites for Exam 70-686 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just passed my 70-680 today and am now trying to decide whether to go MCITP path of 70-685 or 70-686.  I would really like to take the 70-686 but based on what I've seen in terms of the recommended lab setup for testing, I may need to go the route of 70-685.  My test env. consistist of nothing more than 2 Windows 7 Ent. VM's.  If someone could help me understand the minimal lab setup requirements that would provide a reasonable chance of passing this test it would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

Monday, October 3, 2011 11:20 PM

Answers

• Two Windows 7 machines should be sufficient for either, unless you want to practice domain-bound exercises. You can always download the pre-built server VMs and use that for your lab.

And you should pick the exam based on your career path/aspirations.  They are two completely different exams/certifications.  70-685 is more for HelpDesk technicians that need to support installations and 70-686 is more for Desktop Engineers that will be working on the setup/deployment aspect of the OS.

Rich Prescott | Infrastructure Architect, Windows Engineer and PowerShell blogger | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

Engineering Efficiency
    @Rich_Prescott
    Windows System Administration tool
    AD User Creation tool

Sunday, March 4, 2012 3:29 AM