Comparison of OOTB Security Roles in CRM RRS feed

• Question

• We are in the process of migrating users to CRM Online and I wish to assign a security role to users that accomplishes the fundamental functions of CRM. Is there a generic security role OOTB? If not, which is the role that comes close?

Any other advice/best practice would greatly be appreciated.

Monday, July 13, 2015 8:58 AM

All replies

• Security roles contains privileges that define a set of actions that can be performed within the organization for a set of users. For example, the Marketing professional role is assigned a set of privileges that are relevant to the performance of the tasks defined for that role which would be more inclined towards campaigns and marketing lists compared to cases. A privilege authorizes the user to perform a specific action on a specific entity type.

It depends on what kind of roles your users would need and it could be handled using OOB security roles as well.

Hope it helps!

Regards, Abhishek Bakshi If you find this post helpful then please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer. Check my blog on https://mydynamicscrmblog.wordpress.com/

Monday, July 13, 2015 9:18 AM
  • Generally the salesperson and marketing representative roles should do the job.

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Monday, July 13, 2015 9:23 AM