Sync not working RRS feed

• Question

• From my bug submission:

Description
    I've got a "Portable Apps" folder the I used to sync with foldershare. I thought it would be great to move over to Live Mesh as it has the ability to sync to the cloud as well (nothing to do with this bug though).

As I've seen others in the forum have issues with syncing two folder that are already in sync, I decided to move the folder on one of my machines to a different location to allow Mesh to create a completely new version in the desired location. It created the entire folder structure (598 folders) correctly, but no files have been downloaded. I'm not sure how to approach this problem besides reinstalling foldershare :-P
    Comments

Repro Steps
    Try to sync a large folder/file structure from one machine to another, but not the cloud.
    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that one machine is Vista x64 (source) and one is Vista x86 (non-synced client)?
    • Edited by GolleyJer Wednesday, August 6, 2008 7:51 AM wording clarity
    Wednesday, August 6, 2008 7:49 AM

Answers

• We are waiting to hear back from the developer on this issue currently.  If you would like you are welcome to initiate a dialogue with me directly over the LMPREV@microsoft.com alias.  Please reference your Feedback Item ID in the subject line.

Thank you!

Tim
    Program Manager | Live Mesh
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 8:58 PM

All replies

• I've posted more feedback on Feedback Item ID 360720 but haven't received any response.
    Should we post back here in addition to our bug reports?
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 6:40 AM
  • We are waiting to hear back from the developer on this issue currently.  If you would like you are welcome to initiate a dialogue with me directly over the LMPREV@microsoft.com alias.  Please reference your Feedback Item ID in the subject line.

Thank you!

Tim
    Program Manager | Live Mesh
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 8:58 PM
  • waiting to hear from what developer?  i have this problem as well, won't sync everything, but it will sync new things i add.
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 1:16 PM
  • Hi prophetizer,

Tim was referring to specific members of the Live Mesh development team who are looking into this issue.  But for the sync problems that you're having please see my response to your post here.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 4:06 PM