none
where is forum for OCS RRS feed

Answers

• It's joined with the Lync Forum

Don't forget to provide a link (especially if you're going to be one of those 'immediate self-proposers'.............).

• Edited by Mike Laughlin Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Chicojr Tuesday, August 25, 2015 3:10 PM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:48 PM

All replies

• Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:45 PM
    • Proposed as answer by jholden90 Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:45 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, August 25, 2015 3:41 PM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:45 PM

Don't forget to provide a link (especially if you're going to be one of those 'immediate self-proposers'.............).

• Edited by Mike Laughlin Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Chicojr Tuesday, August 25, 2015 3:10 PM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:48 PM
  • @Mike Laughlin: You piggybacked off my answer and then proceeded to take a jab at me. Doesn't that strike you as a bit petty? I proposed it as the answer because it was the answer - I had faith that the OP had the necessary skills to filter forums on their own. 
    • Edited by jholden90 Thursday, September 3, 2015 3:20 PM
    Thursday, September 3, 2015 3:12 PM
  • @Mike Laughlin: You piggy-backed off my answer and then proceeded to take a jab at me. Doesn't that strike you as a bit petty? I proposed it as the answer because it was the answer - I had faith that the OP had the necessary skills to filter forums on their own. 

Not true, look at the post order. Now that I look at it though, we posted within a few seconds of each other.

And no, I wouldn't call that petty. All self-proposers need to stop.

Thursday, September 3, 2015 3:18 PM
  • @Mike Laughlin: You piggy-backed off my answer and then proceeded to take a jab at me. Doesn't that strike you as a bit petty? I proposed it as the answer because it was the answer - I had faith that the OP had the necessary skills to filter forums on their own. 

Not true, look at the post order. Now that I look at it though, we posted within a few seconds of each other.

And no, I wouldn't call that petty. All self-proposers need to stop.

My apologies regarding the "piggyback" portion of my statement. You were right, we did submit the same answer in a very close time frame. 

However, I would like to point out, what does it matter whether or not it was self-proposed? As long as my answer is relevant to the OP, what does it matter that I proposed it? At the end of the day, this site is meant to help each other.

Thursday, September 3, 2015 6:52 PM
  • My apologies regarding the "piggyback" portion of my statement. You were right, we did submit the same answer in a very close time frame. 

However, I would like to point out, what does it matter whether or not it was self-proposed? As long as my answer is relevant to the OP, what does it matter that I proposed it? At the end of the day, this site is meant to help each other.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that point I guess. My view is that you are already proposing your post as an answer simply by posting it.

And yes, being helpful is the whole point of this forum. I firmly believe that adding a link is 1000x more helpful than making the OP go searching. Again, just IMHO.

Either way, let's call this good and move on. My apologies for my wording, I could have phrased my viewpoint in a much better way.

Thursday, September 3, 2015 6:58 PM