Could not go offline due to missing rights on Queues RRS feed

• Question

• I am receiving this error for users in CRM 2011 when they try to go offline in the Outlook client:

According to several other posts on the web, people insist that users must have at least 'Read' privileges on the the Queue entity.  Users already have Read for Queues so I am not sure what the problem could be.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:24 PM

Answers

• I just got off the phone with Microsoft Support.  Not only are Read permissions needed on the Queue entity, they need to be set to Organization-wide for Business Unit, Organization and Security Role as well.  These are set under the Business Management tab:

• Marked as answer by wikky2007 Friday, February 15, 2013 4:19 PM
    Friday, February 15, 2013 4:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Wikky,

I think there maybe not read privilege on the Security role.

You can try to open the Diagnostic tool and enable the tracing function.

For the trace gathering from your workstation, perform as following:

1. Click Start->Microsoft Dynamic CRM->Diagnostics
    2. Choose at least Outlook Synchronization check box in Synchronization Troubleshooting tab
    3. Go to Advanced Troubleshooting choose Tracing checkbox
    4. Choose Delete Temporary Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client Files, to delete all temp logs.
    5. Click OK

Note: If the Add-In is disabled or have temporary Microsoft Dynamics CRM client files before, click Delete or Enable in the Advanced Troubleshooting tab.

Then perform sync action in Outlook to gathering the logs.

You can access the logs in following path:

<System Drive:>\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\MSCRM\Traces

In the trace file you can find the error like missing XX...

Then you will know which privilege missing.

Wilson

Friday, February 15, 2013 8:15 AM
  • I just got off the phone with Microsoft Support.  Not only are Read permissions needed on the Queue entity, they need to be set to Organization-wide for Business Unit, Organization and Security Role as well.  These are set under the Business Management tab:

• Marked as answer by wikky2007 Friday, February 15, 2013 4:19 PM
    Friday, February 15, 2013 4:19 PM