Cannot remove/rollback ie9 to ie8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am currently running ie9 beta and having major problems with pdf viewing.

Id like to roll back IE to an earlier version but find the option to delete is missing from Control Panel/Programs and Features/ Uninstall or change a Program.

Cannot find an uninstaller anywhere

Any Ideas?

• Moved by Kenneth Lee Tuesday, April 19, 2011 12:16 AM forum cleanup (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions)
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 1:17 PM

Answers

• No Probs....Found it.

To uninstall Internet Explorer

The following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

1. Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates.

2. Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

3. Click one of the following:

• Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9, and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).

• Restart later (to wait until you shut down or restart your computer).

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:01 PM

All replies

• No Probs....Found it.

To uninstall Internet Explorer

The following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

1. Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates.

2. Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

3. Click one of the following:

• Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9, and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).

• Restart later (to wait until you shut down or restart your computer).

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:01 PM
  • Yes

Thursday, December 2, 2010 2:50 AM
  • Since you don't need help in your forum account for this web site, your post is off-topic and won't get timely reply here. If you need help in using IE in the future try answers.microsoft.com instead.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Sunday, February 6, 2011 3:49 PM
  • I tried this and I could not find ie9 anywhere. I need help.
    Sunday, February 20, 2011 5:39 PM
  • Trust me, you don't want IE 9. I installed the upadate from IE 8 and can't remove it even during a roll back. Certain functions and add ons will no longer work with this yet. Fuck You Gates.
    Friday, April 8, 2011 3:25 AM
  • You can also Remove IE9 Programmatically or via Script,
    Pete
    Monday, October 24, 2011 9:53 AM
  • you should retire from the helpdesk.  you provide no help.  it cannot be uninstalled if it came native with the install.  
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:14 PM