MBSA 2.1 ? RRS feed

• Question

• Where would questions around this product be best suited on the forums?
    Monday, May 18, 2009 11:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Mat,

Thank you for your post!  Unfortunately I am not able to determine which forum or newsgroup is best suited for your question at hand.  Can you provide me a little more detail in regards to the product or technology you are inquiring about?

Thanks!

Shrikant Maske Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Monday, May 18, 2009 12:35 PM
  • The product is Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 2.1. I'm currently using the command line option ( mbsacli.exe ) in batch scripting to scan servers for missing Wondows updates through firewalls onto DMZ's.
    • Edited by Mat Heron Tuesday, May 19, 2009 9:45 AM
    Monday, May 18, 2009 2:16 PM
  • The issue is around the ports that the FAQ says it uses and the ports it actually does. Obviously this causes problems when setting firewall rules for you to scan through.
    Monday, May 18, 2009 2:32 PM
  • HELP! Please! Does anyone have experience of Microsoft Baseline Securty Analyzer working through network firewalls ? I'm just wanting to know what forum best to post this. I haven't got anything contagious - honest!
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 8:43 AM
  • In the interest of helping others who may find this thread, the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer has its own forum:

MBSA - Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 4:24 PM