Another Activity Library question. RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a library.

The solution is named GSActivityLib and it has two projects in it - one called GS_BargeinPrompt and the other called GS_ConditionalQA.

When I compile the solution the GS_BargeinPrompt is put into GSActivityLib.dll but GS_ConditionalQA ends up in a separate .dll called GS_ConditionalQA.dll.

Is there some way to get both components into the GSActivityLib.dll?

I know this is probably just something in VS that I'm messing up but I'm not sure what it is.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 11:38 PM

Answers

• Isn't that simply how VS works; each project builds a separate assembly.  If you want stuff in the same assembly, put it in the same project.  I'm be happy to be informed that VS has a notion of partial projects similar to partical classes to do what you desire, but I'm not aware of any such feature. 

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 3:50 PM

All replies

• Isn't that simply how VS works; each project builds a separate assembly.  If you want stuff in the same assembly, put it in the same project.  I'm be happy to be informed that VS has a notion of partial projects similar to partical classes to do what you desire, but I'm not aware of any such feature. 

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 3:50 PM
  • That's kind of what I found out too.

I'm developing a library of components for Speech Server and I'm tyring to figure out the best way to distribute them. I don't really want the users to have to manually install a bunch of components and I don't want them seeing the inner workings though I suppose debugging into the components may be a good idea.

Any suggestions?

Thursday, November 1, 2007 6:46 PM